30. April 2013 10:39
Margaret Rudd Bishop and Margaret Rudd & Associates, Inc., REALTORS® are pleased to announce their Top Producing Agents for the month of March. Kay Jolliff is the Top Producing agent for the Southport offices. The Top Listing Agent for the Oak Island office Brooke Rudd where the Top Selling Agent is Sue Franks. The Top Producer at the Holden Beach office is Tina Cox. Congratulations all!
20. March 2013 04:30
Margaret Rudd Bishop and Margaret Rudd & Associates, Inc., REALTORS® are pleased to announce their Top Producing Agents for the month of February. Tom Griffin is the Top Selling agent for the Southport offices where the Top Listing agent is Kay Jolliff. The Top Listing Agent for the Oak Island office is Libba Motsinger and the Top Selling Agents for the Oak Island office is Mike Boswell. Congratulations all!
1. December 2012 12:06
The Christmas by the Sea Festival kicks off Dec 1st with a hometown parade where friends and neighbors line the streets to cheer in the holiday season as beautifully adorned homemade floats and decked out vehicles pass filled with local children, members of clubs and organizations, business people and local heroes. The Christmas by the Sea Parade on Oak Island has been holiday tradition in the Southport-Oak Island area for almost 30 years.
Thanks to the Southport-Oak Island Chamber of Commerce and the towns of Oak Island and Caswell Beach for organizing this and other great holiday events through the month of December. Check out the Chamber's event calendar for the Oak Island Christmas by the Sea House Tour, a North Pole Adventure at the OI Recreation Center, Santa Claws with Paws, the SeaNotes Choral Society Holiday Concert and Brunswick Concert Band Performances, a Family Ornament Hunt at the OI Teen Center and more! Don’t forget to shop local!
30. November 2012 05:15
The Southport-Oak Island Interchurch Food Pantry is doing important work serving our community. If you’re able to contribute non-perishable items for the Food Drive November 29th – December 12th 2012 you may drop them off at either of our Southport Sales offices or the Oak Island Sales & Vacation Rentals location. This is a local effort to help local people, please consider making a contribution this holiday season.
15. November 2012 09:54
Barry Bey, the Aquaculture Teacher, and students from SBHS will be stocking the Davis Canal on Oak Island with baby flounder on Friday, November 16th - meeting point: SE 40th Street Park between 9:45-10:00am Please come out and support this project.
3. August 2012 11:30
USA Today – Travel “Just for summer: 51 great American Beaches”
THE SECRET IS OUT!! USA Today asked local experts to select one great beach in each state. Here’s what they had to say about Oak Island, NC
“The state's coastline is one long, 300-mile beach: The trick is finding a stretch that's not so remote you have to bring your own drinking water, or so overrun by T-shirt huts and putt-putts that you want to flee. Oak Island, south of Wilmington, has a nice blend of basic amenities and miles of open, mellow beach. There's great kayaking on the sound side, a transportation system friendly to bikes, and small-town atmosphere.”
We couldn’t agree more. If you haven’t yet had the pleasure of experiencing Oak Island for yourself, visit our Vacation Rentals page at www.Rudd.com or like us on Facebook – Oak Island Beaches by Rudd – for a taste of summer fun.
2. July 2011 11:16
The patriotic spirit of America is alive and well in the City of Southport. For over 200 years this small maritime community has celebrated our nation's independence in a big way. The celebration has grown from colonial times when ships lay anchor in her harbor shot their cannons to today's festival where 40,000 to 50,000 people come each year to bathe in the richness of spirit commemorating Old Glory. Incorporated as the N.C. 4th of July Festival in 1972 the festival committee strives to keep the focus of the festival on honoring our nation's birthday with a little fun thrown in.
For a full schedule of events visit www.nc4thofjuly.com or pick up a free copy of the State Port Pilot’s 4th of July Festival Guide at one of our Oak Island or Southport offices.
- Over 100 handmade arts and crafts on display
- The delightful aroma of fair food permeates the air
- The Cape Fear river serves as a backdrop for Main Stage Entertainment - best beach, top 40's and country bands each evening.
- The most patriotic parade representing main street USA and televised on WECT TV6 "Where News Comes First"
- A Naturalization Ceremony that will move you to tears
- Veterans Recognition - ceremony honoring the sacrifices of our armed service personnel who have served and paid for our freedom
- Flag Retirement Ceremony - a ceremony that allows residents and visitors an opportunity to properly dispose of their USA flags
- Beach Day - highlighting the activities popular at Southport's neighboring beach community Oak Island - volleyball and shag contests to mention a few
- Freedom Run & Walk - runners and walkers enjoy an organized event encouraging a healthy America
- Children's Entertainment & Games - Remember the good old games including sack races and watermelon eating contests? We do.
- Fireworks - What 4th of July festival would be complete without fireworks?