There's no denying that curb appeal is essential, but what exactly does that mean to homebuyers these days? Our REALTORS® are well-versed in the latest outdoor trends in Southport homes for sale and recommend that sellers pay particular attention to the outdoor spaces of their home. Here are a few exterior features that can make your home more attractive to buyers, increase its value, and help it sell faster.
- Good Exterior Lighting: Properly illuminating the outside of your house and the best features of your yard is a great way to attract attention before buyers step through the front door. Placing attractive lighting along walkways and stairs and strategically-placed motion-sensor lights not only look nice, but they are also a safety feature for your home. No one wants to fumble with their keys trying to unlock a door in the dark, so good lighting at entry points to your home is also a must.
- Security Systems: Many home buyers are concerned about keeping their premises safe. Outdoor night vision and doorbell cameras, keyless locks that can be accessed via app or Bluetooth, and alarm systems are all features that can add value to your home.
- Outdoor Living Spaces: Attached decks and patios are a major attraction for home buyers. In mild climates like North Carolina, creating an outdoor living space is almost like having an additional room or two, since they can be used practically year-round. When buyers see a nice outdoor space, they can envision themselves having friends over for BBQs, relaxing with a good book, or just enjoying the peaceful outdoors. An outdoor kitchen, fire pit, or fireplaces can make a space even more desirable.
- A Fenced Yard: If a buyer wants to hang out on a patio in the backyard, they'll definitely want some privacy as well. Not only that, more and more people are becoming dog lovers and owners. A house with a fenced yard for pets to play and roam around in is an added plus.
- Attractive Landscaping & Gardens: You don't have to spend a fortune to make your yard look good. Before putting your home on the market, clean up branches and other debris and trim any trees, bushes, and shrubs to make them look neat and tidy. Adding splashes of color with flowers in pots is an easy, affordable way to make your yard pop. Creating a small, peaceful rock garden can give your yard a sense of serenity and natural beauty. You don't want to get too complicated, though; some buyers may be put off by a yard that looks like it requires a lot of maintenance. Timed sprinkler and irrigation systems are also a feature that homebuyers buyers love—the less work, the better, right?
Need more tips on improving the exterior of your home and staging it to sell? Our experienced real estate professionals at Margaret Rudd & Associates can help. Contact us to get started today.