March is National Craft Month, and with spring in the air, there's no better time to tackle some fun DIY projects around the house. If you're looking for some quick, crafty, and budget-friendly DIY home improvement projects this season, our real estate agents have some great ideas to share!
- Create a Gallery Wall. You don't have to be a professional designer to create an appealing arrangement of art and photos. If you have a large wall with a lot of open space, you can turn it into your own personal art gallery! A gallery wall can feature art and photos of all shapes and sizes, as well as all sorts of other decor, like mirrors, decorative clocks, and shelves lined with house plants. There's no limit to the creative potential.
- Build a Bird House. Spring is the season when we start seeing a wider variety of bird species pop up. Some are returning from southern climates, while others are just passing through on their way farther north. Still, others are year-round residents. Either way, it's nice to make them feel welcome! Check out these plans to build your own birdhouse. It's an easy DIY project that's also great for getting kids involved.
- Update Kitchen Hardware. Is your kitchen looking a little stale and outdated? One of the quickest and easiest ways to refresh your kitchen is to update the hardware like drawer handles and cabinet pulls. It's a fun and simple DIY project that you can finish up in an afternoon, using no tools other than a drill or screwdriver. Picking out new cabinet hardware can be a fun process too! Choose something unique that reflects your particular taste and style.
- Hang Some Plants. Plants add a splash of lively color to any home, and hanging planters and vases are some of the most fun ways to display them. You could easily buy hanging baskets for indoor use at any garden or home improvement store; many of them can be hung from a curtain rod or ceiling hook. But there are DIY alternatives too. It's also easy to create your own hanging vases using mason jars and twine. Check out this tutorial to learn how.
- Play Around With Wallpaper. Wallpaper has become trendy again in recent years, and it offers a kind of fun, vintage charm that doesn't have to feel stale or of fashion. Try picking out a small, unused wall and transforming it into a wallpaper-clad accent wall. Another fun idea is to wallpaper the back panel of an open bookcase to make it more decorative. Wallpaper is easy to put up, and the possibilities are endless. The more fun and funky the pattern, the better.
- Start an Herb Garden. Want to be able to harvest your own fresh herbs any time you're cooking? Start an herb garden! Herbs like oregano, basil, mint, thyme, and rosemary are easy to grow. You don't need to be a master gardener. These herbs take well to containers indoors or outdoors, as long as they are watered often and get lots of sunlight. A kitchen window is a great place to start a miniature spring herb garden in terra cotta pots.
Home improvement projects can be a lot of fun, but they all have to start with the right home. Our team is proud to offer the greatest selection of Southport homes for sale. Southport and the surrounding area is a truly beautiful and unique place to call home. Contact us today to learn more bout finding your dream home on the North Carolina coast!